This week I was on the ZAG Podcast talking about being self-employed, raising a progressive son and my thoughts educational inequity in L.A. The ZAG Podcast is where young progressives share insights and expertise on today's most important issues. It’s put on by The New Leaders Council an organization that provides a fellowship for progressives around the country. I am a graduate of the class of 2010. Learn more about it here.
I also talked about self-help in The Currently podcast this week!
Study: Millennials aren’t buying homes because of student loan debt. I know, SO groundbreaking.
Watch: I haven’t had time to watch much lately! But here’s some things i’m excited to watch:
- Beatriz at Dinner on Itunes
- This documentary on the Vietnam War
- Also, the return of Fall TV This is Us- I’m ready to start crying,like,ugly crying.
- The History of Southeast Los Angeles Aka-Where I grew up.
- Fall Fashion Trends According to Vogue- Hint: Lots of metallics
- Don’t Be Scared About the End of Capitalism -Hint:51% of young people in the United States no longer support the system of capitalism. And a solid 55% of Americans of all ages believe that capitalism is fundamentally unfair.
- The Personal Essay Isn’t Dead It Just Isn’t White Anymore
- I’m currently reading The Mind of the Soul my anxiety has been rearing it’s head so digging deep into mindfulness.
- When did museums become something we do for the “gram?” But who has tickets though? I want to go.
This new podcast on gentrification in LA, “There Goes the Neighborhood”
Be Good, Do Good:
- How to Help Puerto Rico and areas affected by hurricane Maria
- How to Help Mexico
- Stop sending so much time in your head,
- Read about the BS our Secretary of Education is up to
I want to hear what you find noteworthy. How are you coping with everything? Send me a DM on Instagram @betsyaimeec or an email. I want to hear your suggestions.